Saturday, November 2, 2013

My oak table

Last week, Lucio, the cousin of Francesco's Uncle, finished making the table for my studio!

It was very exciting to photos of the table, for the very first time.

 Here it is, still in Italy. It is 3 meters long! I have no idea how we are going to get it in the house...



All that needs to be done, is a coat of transparent paint. We decided it would be nicer to keep its natural colour.

I





The best thing about this table is that the wood is make out of an oak tree that belongs to Francesco's parents. It was an old tree that they cut down over a year ago and has been cut and dried out especially for us.

Here are our fathers discussing what we will do with all this beautiful wood.

We will be using it also for our kitchen and our stairs. And also another table for my studio.

I cannot believe it has been over a year since we got the keys to our new house and we still have not moved it...

I am predicting we will be able to move in January - if all goes well!


No comments:

Post a Comment